4.06.2011

1 Year Ago

One short year ago, my friends gave birth to their daughter, Maelee Linn, at 38 weeks gestation.... still born. April 6, 2010. What a horrible time that was. I remember the pain, the sorrow, that deep, deep anguish we felt for Greg and Heather when we heard Maelee didn't make it. Days were filled with sobs and prayers. Over the past year, there have been tears, long and hard prayers and some healing... at least for me. I remember asking God "Why?" over and over again trying to understand why He would take Maelee away. I know it's not for me to understand. I know that God has a purpose for everyone, even Maelee. I know now that Maelee is healthy, happy and thriving with Jesus by her side and that we will all see her one day. This is where the healing, for me, comes from.

I feel like today should be a special day for Maelee, Greg and Heather. Meetings at work should stop. The hustle and bustle of every day business should stop. I have a friend being induced today and I secretly hope her baby doesn't come until tomorrow so that Maelee can have this day. I don't know why, but I do. It just seems like everyone should be sad today. Remembering what last year on this day was like is so hard. I can't even try to imagine what Greg and Heather must be feeling right now. The first and last time they held their little girl was a year ago. This makes my heart hurt.

I've watched Greg and Heather over this past year grieve and carry on through their days because they have to. I have seen them not give up hope and continue to praise Him through the storm. I have watched them put smiles back on their faces and talk about Maelee with pride. They have truly been an inspiration during this and I feel like my faith is even stronger watching them in their journey. Maelee has made Heaven shine brighter for me and I hope Greg and Heather know how proud they should be of Maelee for showing us God is good, even in tragedy.

Today, I will have that day on my mind more than ever. I will worry about Greg and Heather and how they are coping. I'll listen to music that reminds me of them and that time. I will pray. I will also praise Him for His grace and mercy and thank Him for little baby boy Kasowski on the way this month. If you find some time, pray from Greg, Heather and the new baby on the way. This is a hard time.

No comments: