4.18.2011

Facebook Can Drive Me Nuts

Almost a full 40 days completed without posting on facebook. It has felt good. It was a distraction before Lent and I really think I can keep my facebook time to a minimum now. Only being able to read facebook and not post has brought a few things to light for me about this social media.

1. Reading what people ate for dinner every night is super annoying. That is information I'm not sure why people share. I understand being excited about a special night out or something, but what you cooked or ate EVERY night?? We really share waaaay too much information with people on our status updates. Pictures of your food does not make it more awesome.

2. I do not want to know what color you saw when you blew your nose this morning even if this is the worst cold you have ever had. Gross.

3. I do not want to buy your crap over facebook. Stop posting your junk on facebook for me to buy. I'll go to the store or find it cheaper on Amazon.

4. Do we really need to know how often you drink alcohol? Let's be honest, it makes you look like you are a 20 year old desperate to be 21 so you can be "cool". It's not impressive and makes you seem very irresponsible. I get it. Most of us enjoy a good beer or glass a wine to unwind from time to time, but going through 4 bottles of wine or putting a way a keg of beer over a weekend is not cool. At all. Either stop lying about how important booze is to you or join AA.

5. It's awkward to know you are mad at your spouse or significant other.

6. I can't imagine many people care that you just checked in at McAllister's for lunch. Foursquare needs to stop.

7. Do people even look at the pictures they post these days? That drunk night out should be kept to yourself. Not attractive and there's always someone from your place of employment looking at it.

8. I'm excited for your good mood, but saying "Good Morning" or "Good Night Facebook" every day.... 

9. Updating your status every 30 minutes is really not necessary. Seriously.

10. Working out is great. It's healthy. Congrats on being healthy. Stop posting your workout plan on facebook every time you hit the gym.

Lastly,

11. Stop using profanity on facebook. You are not cooler for it. You look like a D-bag.



That is all.

No comments: