4.14.2011

On the 10th day

UPDATE
That's right people... I have been without my favorite beverage for 36 days. I haven't been off diet coke for more than 3 days in a row in over 20 years and I'll tell you it's been hard. Water isn't so bad, but let's face it, it doesn't do the job first thing in the morning (or at lunch, or at dinner, or while I work, or on a sunny day after yard work, or while I'm doing freelance, or when I'm watching a movie.... you get what I'm saying, right?) 9 more days of no diet coke. I can do it. If Jesus can do all He's done for me, I should be able to do this small thing for Him. 10 more days from now, I will be celebrating the resurrection of my Lord and sippin' on a cold diet coke. Mmmm mmmm mmmmm!

Not posting on Facebook hasn't been quite the challenge I thought it'd be. Just lately have I wanted to upload cool pictures or videos of Ella now that I have an iPhone that makes it so easy, but I will wait. I do read, on occasion, the news feed on facebook just to see what folks are up to and pray for those who need it. I'm thinking I need to make facebook not so much a part of my life after Easter anyway. It's really been nice.

Lent, so far, has really been worth experiencing. I've never given anything up before and after this year, I think I'll participate again next year. God has been so good to us. I've spent more time with my family and my bible which has made me a new person. I thank God that He challenged me this year. Maybe next year I'll give up french fries or chocolate. I'm glad that's a whole year away. *whew*

No comments: