4.16.2010

I can only imagine

It's funny what tragedy does to you. Your emotions become erratic. One day you are able to have a good day, not cry and even enjoy the people around you. It's that very next moment, when you see something that reminds you of that tragedy, you uncontrollably lose it. Everything becomes a reminder. It's like the lyrics to a song get louder when it's a song that relates to what you or your friend is going through. The word "baby" seems like it's been inserted into every chorus. There are even billboards that mentioned babies.

So this morning, I was listening to WMHK and a woman called in to tell how the person in front of her in the drive-in at McDonald's paid for her breakfast this morning. She said she needed that because she wasn't having a good morning and that lifted her spirits. She wanted that thank that person. Good things are all around us. People are still thoughtful and caring. I shouldn't be surprised after hearing about all the nice things people have done for Greg and Heather. It still hit me and made me cry. Praise the Lord. He is so good.

Following the woman's story came THE song. "I Can Only Imagine." That was the song that played as we drove away from my Papa's grave site. That is the song that gave me happiness for Papa knowing where he was and WHO he was with. It was ok to cry and to miss him, but he was there. He was with Jesus. I can only imagine how that would be. Would I sing Hallelujah? Would I be able to speak at all? At this point I accepted the fact that I was just going to lose all my eye makeup on the way to work. You know who DOES know what it's like to meet Jesus? Maelee. Maelee knows what it was like to see Jesus and to have Jesus hold her and sing with her. Wow!

No comments: