4.17.2010

An overwhelming "want"

What a day! Busy in they yard. Busy with Ella. Busy just keeping up with every thing around me. It was exhausting, but good. "This is the day that the Lord hath made. I will rejoice and be glad in it" played on repeat in my head all day. As I was traveling to Target with Ella this afternoon, I got choked up and couldn't swallow that lump in my throat. I guess you could say that the tragedy of Greg and Heather losing Maelee has overwhelmed me. I check their blog every spare second I get. I constantly check my email in case they've written to ask for help or encouragement. It's all I can think about. Even through the "busy," it hovered above me all day. Every time I saw the color pink, I fought that lump. Every time I heard a baby cry, I thought I'd lose it. If it's this hard for me, how hard is for them?!

The more I think about it, the more I want to do something for them. I want to help them so much. I want to make something better or easier. I want them to worry about one less thing. I know that there are at least 50 other people who feel the exact same way I do. There are so many people that would bend over backwards to do even the most mundane thing for them. Realizing how many people want to help also hit me today. THAT is a very emotional thought. The amount of love felt for this couple and for Maelee is awesome. There is no other word for it. So I have this overwhelming want to help. To fix it somehow. I know that can't happen, but I still feel that way. I hate what they are going through. I know God will heal that hole in their heart... or at least numb some of the pain with time.

So until I can help in some way, I will keep this family's suffering on my mind and close to my heart. Keep them in your prayers.

No comments: