4.15.2010

The morning commute

Normally, on the way in to work, I have the radio blasting. Sometimes it's talk radio and the music just depends on my mood. Thursdays and Fridays I usually play happy, upbeat music in celebration of the last work days of the week. Today, however, I traveled in silence.

Today I prayed all the way into work for Greg and Heather. It's funny though. I didn't know exactly what to pray for. I wanted to pray for them to heal fast. I know that's not how it works. I wanted to pray for them to feel "normal" again. I know they won't have a sense of themselves for a very long time. I wanted to pray that they find a way to reach out to friends to help them grieve and also to help them do even little things for them. I prayed that they would mourn for their daughter and find a way to try again one day for their family of three (or more). That request just seemed like a lot to ask. I wasn't sure they were ready for this yet.

I prayed these things anyway.

I prayed that they would lean on Christ to help them heal. I prayed that everyone remembers Maelee. I asked that Greg and Heather would remember that they are never alone, even after all the family has gone home. I know God will be there for them and will help them heal. I know that He will see to it that His plan is fulfilled. I KNOW God has great things in store for Greg and Heather and one day they will be ok to feel happy again.

1 comment:

Charlie said...

CoCo: Remember what your mother-in-law said when she was diagnosed: "God will not give me anything HE can't handle."