4.14.2010

Looking through the blue glass

Let me clarify the when I say "blue," I'm not referring to the color, but the emotion. It seems like everything is in a sad haze. I feel like everything I look at is through this window that turns everything on the other side into something sad. Jokes at work just aren't that funny, vacation plans seem so selfish, even the people in traffic seem to just be driving without anywhere to really go. Recorded TV shows that usually help to wind down the day aren't getting played. I can't bring myself to watch them. I just want to look at Ella, be sad about Maelee and pray Greg and Heather can heal.

Healing is weird to me. You have to hurt and be angry and become numb before you heal. You have to feel alone and cry until your eyes are dry. You have to feel bitter toward others that have what you were supposed to have. You have to lose sleep. You have to forget how to eat. You have to go through the "what ifs" and "what could have beens." Most importantly, you have to pray. A lot. For months (or maybe years) you have to be a walking zombie before you feel like you can find some sort of new "normalcy" so you can function. Healing is a lot of work. It's awkward. It's exhausting. There are many of us who are in the process of healing over the news of Maelee, but we aren't Greg and Heather. They have the hardest healing to do. Maelee is a part of them. She had their features and their DNA. Maelee is their child.

That stupid blue glass. It makes everything sad. It makes happy moments just seem like moments. That blue glass ruins clarity and focus. I can't think about anything else. Everything these past couple of weeks have been on the other side of that blue glass. That glass makes it difficult to remember what life is like without the haze. I'm so sorry Greg and Heather are living in this haze. This stupid blue glass haze.

Greg and Heather are always on my mind. Maelee is ALWAYS on my mind. Their pain never leaves my thoughts. I pray they heal fast. I know they won't. Lord, hear their prayers.

Their pain is too much.

No comments: