4.11.2010

I wish I could help

On Easter Sunday, Christians rejoiced. We sing praises to our Lord. This day marks the most important day in history. He is risen! He lives! It's emotional and humbling. It's a celebration.

Last weekend was Easter Sunday. That was the day Greg and Heather lost their little girl. For a couple of such strong faith, their world was ripped in half. Their hearts were broken and their emotions drained. It's too hard to understand why these things happen and for them, it's about giving it to God and not ask "Why?"

As a new mother, I have a deep hurt for them. I want to be with them. I want to hug them and pray with them. I've let my imagination go and put myself in their shoes. Ella was Maelee and Adam and I had to find a way to carry on. I felt like my heart had been ripped out of my body. I cried for hours and couldn't let myself sleep. I prayed for them as hard as I could.

I find myself making mental notes of all the things I want to tell them, but I know I shouldn't. It won't help right now. I want to tell them to not give up because they WILL have a large family one day and Maelee will be a part of them always. I want to tell them to call on friends for anything. I'll grocery shop for them. I'll vacuum their house. I'll wash their sheets. I'll put gas in their car. I want to make their lives easier in some way. I want to let them know that we all hurt for them.

Sunday is hard. Keep praying.

No comments: